Wednesday 30 January 2013

Still making progress

Database course

The topic I'm currently working on for my online courses is Relational Algebra.
The big grin you'd see on my face at the moment is because I got 100% in the quiz, and also 100% in the exercises.
I have also completed 3 of the 4 challenge level exercises, and have 75% for those. Bearing in mind I haven't started the last question, I can't complain too much about that now, can I?

Customer Services Advisor Training

We've just passed hump day on the training, 2 1/2 weeks completed, 2 1/2 weeks to go. 
The billing quiz was on Monday, and everybody in our team passed (although nobody managed 100% - spoiling my record). Getting the billing aspects right is rather important, as it will reduce the number of calls and complaints received.
Today we have been looking at setting up customer contracts, but had a minor technical hitch: the systems went down mid afternoon preventing us from using the training environment.

Other news?

My oven has packed in, I am going to try to find time to find out what is wrong either tomorrow night, or over the weekend. I suspect the heating element has failed, the fan and thermostat seems to be doing something. It would be easier just to get a new oven, but cash is rather tight at the moment.
I've not had time to play my guitar smith game this week, as I've been focussing on the coursera work. Once I've finished playing with the oven and get the next block of lectures watched and quizzes completed I think I'll be playing more.
Heron Hymn might be having a go at recording a simple song or two this weekend depending on enthusiasm (but it will be something like Home On The Range, My Grandfathers Clock or a Christmas carol or two.
Oh yes, it's 11:15pm in the uk, and I still have a 6am alarm. Sleep? Who needs it!

No comments:

Post a Comment