Monday 28 December 2015

Windows 10 flickering on top few pixels after update

A bit of history first.

My laptop was originally a Windows 8.1 machine, and was updated to Windows 10 when that became available (although it took two attempts).

It has just had the November update applied (which took a long, long time).

Post update, I have noticed a flickering across the top few pixels of the screen. A quick look at recent posts didn't give many useful hints.

I had a look at the advanced screen settings, and saw the screen was set to 1366 x 768 picels - this wasn't the resolution I was expecting. I dropped the resolution to 1360 x 768 and this seems to have stopped the issue.

The recommended resolution is 1366 though, and I don't understand why changing the horizontal resolution has stopped the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment