Sunday 17 March 2013

Songwriting Week 2

This week has been looking at number of lines to create a feel within a song.

The assignment was on having a stable chorus with an unstable verse. I'm not going to post my efforts here until after the assignment has been graded, and depending on the reviews I might not even then! The title is "The Runaway" and is further explorations on the theme.

I started looking at the idea of the song a few months ago (I was at the Ketton Ox in Yarm near Middlesbrough at an open acoustic night when the idea struck me), and have had two or three attempts at putting words together for it

I'm still finding the unit interesting, but really need to organise my time better; especially as I have another course starting in April.

Coming up with ideas for lyrics may be something that I'm capable of, but learning enough musical theory and practice to create the accompanying melody is going to be a little more challenging. I also need to make more time to continue learning the guitar, I feel that I've barely picked it up in the last month or so.

Now to look at my assignment for the Music Production course that is also due soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment